The FSSC 22000 regulation specifically concerns food producers. This certification scheme helps companies reach food safety standards in productive processes along the supply chain.
The GFSI (Global Food Safety Initiative), the most authoritative interest group bringing together agri-food companies, has developed a widely recognized set of criteria to define food safety certification schemes applicable to the entire sector. Based on these criteria, a GAP analysis on ISO 22000 was conducted to compare it with the GFSI specifications.
WHAT THE FSSC 22000 CERTIFICATION SCHEME IS
The FSSC 22000 program considers the results of this analysis and is the fifth certification scheme approved by the Global Food Safety Initiative after the BRC, IFS, Dutch HACCP and SQF 2000 plans for food processing companies.
THE FSSC 22000 CERTIFICATION ADVANTAGES
The FSSC 22000 certification scheme is the effective synthesis of three approaches:
- A powerful framework for a specific management system, integrated into the overall management system of the company and subject to other standards such as ISO 9001 and ISO 14001.
- An effective methodology for identifying hazards (hazard analysis) and the right HACCP-based risk management strategy, optimizing efficiency and effectiveness in the field of food safety.
- A detailed pre-requirements program guide, as required by ISO 22000 section § 7.2 and to address the specific needs of the customer with regard to due diligence and related issues.
FEATURES OF THE FSSC 22000 STANDARD
The FSSC 22000 scheme is based on the ISO 22000 and ISO/TS 22002-1 standards, and is recognized worldwide.
Today, there are nearly 11,000 companies that have obtained an FSSC 22000 certificate.
Read Case history
Il metodo ALMATER prevede un’assistenza qualificata da parte di professionisti per accompagnare le aziende verso un adeguamento senza sorprese:
- Audit preventivi di verifica dello status aziendale
- Assistenza, formazione e soluzioni per l’adeguamento
- Assistenza durante le verifiche ufficiali degli enti di certificazione
The ALMATER method includes qualified assistance by professionals to accompany companies towards an adjustment with no surprises:
- Prior company status evaluation audits
- Assistance, training and solutions for the transition to new regulatory requirements
- Assistance during official certification agencies’ inspections