The eighth version of the BRC Food Safety standard will be published in a few months
The British Retail Consortium – BRC, announced the release date of version 8 of its BRC Global Standard for Food Safety standard. The publication will take place in August.
The standard was developed following an important consultation and reviewed by working groups composed of food producers, retailers, food service companies, certification bodies and independent technical experts.
The main points for the drafting of this version are:
- encouraging development of product safety culture
- expanding the requirements for environmental monitoring to reflect the increasing importance of this technique
- encouraging sites to further develop systems for security and food defence
- adding clarity to the requirements for high-risk, high-care and ambient high-care production risk zones
- providing greater clarity for sites manufacturing pet food
- ensuring global applicability and bench-marking to the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI)
- AUGUST 2018: publication of the standard;
- 1st FEBRUARY 2019: start of audits for the new version.